Council meetings start at 6.30pm in the Council Chamber, Ballarat Town Hall, 225 Sturt Street.
The agenda will be available about a week and a half before the meeting and the minutes of the meeting will be available about a week after the meeting.
Please note, questions and submissions need to be lodged with Governance on 5320 5875 by 4.30pm on Wednesday.
Due to COVID-19, the meetings will be held virtually and broadcast live.
Public Question Time and Public Representations
Council meetings and Planning Delegated Committee meetings are again open to attend.
Question time has changed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
To make sure you can still participate in question time, you will need to submit your questions in writing.
How to submit your question
- Questions must be in English, and must be 75 words or less and not include a preamble, other additional material, or multiple parts.
- Questions must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:30pm on the day of the Council meeting.
- Please note: no person may submit more than two question at each meeting; questions may not be allowed if the time allotted for public question time has finished.
A Councillor or the Chief Executive Officer may ask for a question to be put on notice which is then recorded in the minutes. A written copy of the answer must be sent to the person who asked the question.
Public submissions may be made on any items listed on the agenda in a council meeting, apart from those listed in the confidential section.
- Submissions may be made in writing to email@example.com no later than 4.30pm on the day of the council meeting; and limited to no more than 200 words. If the submitter is not registered to attend the meeting in person, the submission will be read out by the Chief Executive Officer or nominated delegate at the meeting before the matter is considered by Council.
- If you do wish to attend the meeting in person to make your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements which fit with COVID-19 restrictions.
2021 Council meeting schedule
|January||January 6 (unscheduled)|
|May||May 5 (unscheduled)|
|June||June 9 (unscheduled)|