Apply for a planning permit
I’m ready to apply
Great news! It’s time to lodge your planning application.
Before applying, you need to have the following information:
- A full and current (no older than 30 days) copy of your Certificate of Title including the Plan of Subdivision and correct ownership details.
- A full copy of any registered restrictive covenant or Section 173 Agreement that may apply to your land.
- A digital copy of your plans and supporting documents
I want to change my application
If you want to change your planning permit application before it has been decided, you must submit an amendment to your application.
Before proceeding, make sure you have the following information:
- A cover letter listing and explaining all the proposed changes
- A digital copy of your amended plans and any amended supporting documents highlighting changes on the plans
Depending on the progress of your application, you may be required to pay a fee in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- If your application hasn’t been advertised, there is no fee payable.
- If your application has already been advertised, the fee is calculated at 40 percent of the original application fee and, where the class of application is changing to a higher application fee, the difference between the fee for the original class of application and the fee for the new class of application.
A full list of fees can be found in our fee schedule.
I want to submit more information or ask for more time
If we need more information about your planning permit application, you’ve probably received a request for further information pursuant to Section 54 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
You can follow the link in your further information letter to respond to a request for further information.