Central Victorian Livestock Exchange saleyards
In 2016, the Minister for Planning approved Amendment C185 to the Ballarat Planning Scheme to allow for the development of the Central Victorian Livestock Exchange in Miners Rest.
This new livestock exchange replaces the 158-year-old facility at Latrobe Street, which is now closed.
We acknowledges the community’s strong concerns about odour impact from the CVLX facility.
We are working closely with the EPA who have been monitoring the situation closely and have recently issued a Pollution Abatement Notice (PAN) on the facility. The EPA post updates on the process on its website - https://ref.epa.vic.gov.au/our-work/current-issues/odour-and-air-quality/cvlx-miners-rest-saleyards-update .
We are also undertaking an independent odour review to explore the most effective odour mitigation options to resolve the issue. We will continue to advocate on behalf of the community and work with EPA and CVLX to ensure that odour is satisfactorily managed.
We strongly encourage people to report their concerns around odour issues to the Environment Protection Authority and CVLX. This is important for gaining an understanding the full extent of the ongoing issue. These can be reported to:
- EPA hotline 1300 372 842
- CVLX email: email@example.com, ph: 03 8657 0069.
If you have any further questions on this matter please contact Lisa Kendal, Manager Strategic Planning, on 0439 313 206.
Expert Evidence - Council
- Statements Email Letter
- Amendment C185 Panel Statement Andrew Rodda
- Attachment 2
- Attachment 3
- Attachment 4
Expert Evidence - Applicant
- Air Quality Planning Panel Expert Witness Statement
- FINAL report - Steve Schutt Landscape Architect Hansen Partner
- Biosis - Flora and Fauna
- CVLX Hoxley Statement FINAL
- Expert Witness JA 20150612
- Statements Letter
- Contingency Effluent Disposal Report_June 2015
- CVLX Development and Operational Overview
- Desktop Soil and Wastewater Irrigation Suitability Report
- Report on biohazard issues Cover Letter
- Report on biohazard risks
- Revised water cycle management report
- Expert Witness Statement - Matthew Lee
- Statement of Town Planning Evidence prepared by Stuart McGurn
- Statement to Planning Panels Victoria by Traffic Engineer
- Surface Water Management
Expert Evidence - Kevin Clark
Expert Evidence - Central Highlands Water