Ballarat event planning toolkit
Got a great event idea but not sure where to start?
We can help with that.
The documents below make up our event toolkit – everything you need to organise your event, let people know about it, and to measure your success afterwards.
Part A - Event Planning and Management
- Budget template
- Committee structure template
- Event operations manual template
- Risk assessment template
- Sponsorship prospectus template
- Strategic business plan template
If you're looking for information on available grants, please visit our Grants page.
Part B - Event Compliance
The following permits or approvals may be required at a community event.
Please click on the following items for useful related links.
Part C - Event Marketing
(ATDW is the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse - the national online database for tourism and event information.)
- How to create an ATDW listing
- How the ATDW works
- Getting the most from your ATDW listing
- Social media tips
- Media guidelines
- Marketing action plan template
- Websites to list your event on for free
Part D - Post Event Reporting
- Post-event report template
- Sponsor survey template
- Stakeholder survey template
- Visitor survey template
Other useful links and information
- Crowd control and venues and events
- Department of Health Code of Practice for running safer music festivals and events
Page 10-12: Security ratio
Page 15: First aid ratio
Page 17: Music festivals and noise management
Page 19, table 4: Toilet ratio
- First aid
The appropriate number of qualified on-site first aid and medical personnel can be estimated using the following formula:
- Two Level 2 First Aid qualified people for events catering for less than 500 patrons
- Two Level 2 First Aid qualified people (or higher) for each additional 1,000 patrons up to 5,000
- One Level 2 First Aid qualified person for each additional 1,000 over 5,000 patrons
- Pegging guide
- Smart guide for outdoor events
- Waste management guide for events