ANZAC Day commemorations
Pay tribute to and remember those who have served at ANZAC Day services across Ballarat on Monday 25 April 2022
ANZAC Day Services
Ballarat – Sturt Street Cenotaph
- 6am - Dawn Service at the Ballarat Cenotaph followed by Gunfire Breakfast at Ballarat RSL, Midlands Golf Club. A transfer bus to and from the RSL will be provided.
- 10.30am - ANZAC Day March. Lyons Street North to Ballarat Cenotaph.
- 11am Commemorative Service at the Ballarat Cenotaph, followed by refreshments and Two-Up from 1pm at Midlands Golf Club.
Those attending the services in an official capacity will need to register their attendance with the Ballarat RSL.
For more information, please contact the Ballarat RSL on 5332 3300.
- 7am - The Cardigan and Windermere Fire Brigade will be holding a short commemorative ceremony at the Fireman’s Memorial in Remembrance Drive, corner of Finches Road.
Arch of Victory
- 8am - Service at the Ballarat Arch of Victory/Garden of the Grieving Mother
This year’s service will highlight the 47 pairs of brothers from the Avenue of Honour, who lost their lives in WWI
- 8.45am - March starting Sebastopol Post Office, 188 Albert Street
- 9am - Commemorative Service at Sebastopol Cenotaph (Opposite intersection Birdwood Avenue and Albert Street)
Australian Ex-Prisoners of War Memorial
- 9am - Wreath Laying service
Register online for this service.
- 10am - Anzac Day Service at the Miners Rest Cenotaph
- 10.15am - The Buninyong RSL will be hosting an ANZAC Day service at Buninyong Memorial Park.
To have your ANZAC Day 2022 commemorative service details added to this list please email email@example.com
For the safety of participants and all road users, the following traffic alterations will be in place:
1. Lane Closures – Sturt Street, Sunday 24 April
In preparation for the ANZAC Day services, the eastbound side of Sturt Street will be reduced to one lane between Lyons Street and Dawson Street, from 1pm Sunday 24 April until 4pm Monday 25 April.
2. Road Closures – Sturt Street, Monday 25 April – ANZAC Dawn Service (6am) + Day Service (11am)
Sturt Street will be closed from Dawson Street to Raglan Street in both directions to all traffic between 4am and 4pm.
During this closure, the following additional roads will be impacted:
- Lyons Street South will be closed between Dana Street and Sturt Street with access for local traffic only, via Dana Street only (except between 9.30am – 11.30am).
- Lyons Street North will be closed between Sturt Street and Mair Street with access for local traffic only, via Mair Street only (except between 9.30am – 11.30am).
- Traffic detours will be in place along Dana Street and Mair Street.
3. Road Closures – Sturt Street with intersecting roads from Raglan Street to Doveton Street, Monday 25 April – ANZAC March (10.30am)
The Anzac Day march will form up on Lyons Street North from 9.30am.
At 10.30am the march will commence, leaving Lyons St Nth, progressing eastbound along Sturt Street to Doveton Street (Midland Highway, A300) and return westbound along Sturt Street to the Cenotaph, where the march will conclude in Lyons Street South.
- Sturt Street and all intersecting streets will be progressively closed from Raglan Street to Doveton Street from 10.15am and will re-open as soon as the march passes.
4. Road Closures – Sebastopol, Monday 25 April
- The Midland Hwy (A300) will be closed from Victoria Street to Walker Street in both directions to all traffic from 8.15am to 10.30am.
- Traffic detours will be in place.
Activities and decorations
If you can't make it to a dawn ceremony or attend an ANZAC Day service, you and your family can learn more about the ANZAC Spirit all year round.
Bunting templates supplied by the RSL to place in windows and on fences:
Whether you like them crunchy or chewy, it wouldn’t be ANZAC Day without these classics.