Cr Belinda Coates
How do I get in touch?
About Councillor Coates
Belinda Coates is a Central Ward Councillor (since 2012) and is a passionate and effective community advocate focussed on community wellbeing and environmental sustainability.
Cr Coates is an approachable and community focussed Councillor with a wealth of community and welfare sector experience. Cr Coates is a qualified social worker, with more than 20 years-experience, and has worked locally in areas such as the health sector, trauma counselling, public service and tertiary education.
Cr Coates is an inclusive leader and an effective community and environmental advocate. Belinda is focussed on creating a fairer and more equitable community, action on climate change/climate emergency, circular economy and community building and engagement.
During her time as a Councillor at the City of Ballarat she has spearheaded many initiatives on inclusion, arts and culture and climate action.
Cr Coates has chaired numerous advisory committees and action groups (including disability, child friendly, intercultural, Koorie Engagement, live music, active transport, clean Ballarat) and is a board member of Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance and Grampians Central West Waste and Resource Recovery Group.
Cr Coates is also a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Planning Delegated Committee
- Coghill’s Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Learmonth Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Intercultural Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Koorie Engagement Action Group Advisory Committee (Chair)
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Active Transport Working Group
- Australian Local Government Women’s Association
- Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance
- Regional Sustainability Alliance