Installation and Facility Coordinator
- Full time
- Salary $67,345 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Art Gallery of Ballarat
- Closing date for this position is
The Art Gallery of Ballarat provides a focus for visual arts in the Ballarat region. It is the oldest and largest regional Gallery in Australia with a collection of Australian art which ranks in the top 5 in the nation. Special collections relate to early Ballarat, Goldfields, Eureka, the Lindsay family and medieval and renaissance manuscripts. The Gallery aims to stimulate appreciation and enjoyment of the visual arts for the people of Ballarat region and to attract visitors from the wider Australian communities. The Gallery conserves a major collection, displays and interprets the collection, presents temporary exhibitions, tours, workshops, lectures and musical and performance events.
The Gallery has recently adopted a new strategic plan which places audiences at the heart of everything we do. We are entering a new phase in our history and need to build the team to achieve our new plan.
We are looking for a dynamic, detail focused, organised person to lead the planning and installation of exhibitions, coordinate the Gallery facility maintenance and external contractors and registration work and support the management of the Gallery collection. The position also coordinates the Gallery’s Occupational Health and Safety.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualification in a related field with some industry experience or lesser qualification with extensive relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in exhibition installation across a wide range of art media and the handling of artworks.
- Strong skills in time management, planning and the ability to organise own workload and that of other staff, with the ability to supervise casual exhibition staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and gain co-operation and assistance from other employees and volunteers.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including artists and other art industry stakeholders, with the ability to communicate technical issues and requirements to external contractors
- Demonstrated knowledge of OH&S policies and practices and an ability to observe and maintain Occupational, Health & Safety regulations and practices by all staff and external contractors at all times, including during exhibition maintenance, installation or demount.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including the use of MS Office suite and databases e.g. Vernon.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of industry standards relating to lighting, environment control and art handling.
- An appropriate fitness level to carry out regular lifting and carrying duties and an ability to operate associated plant and machinery relating to exhibition projects.
- Possession of a current Driver’s licence is essential
- Possession of a licence to perform high risk work (fork lifts and elevated work platforms) would be an advantage.
- With a focus on service delivery, the ability to work flexibly, cooperatively and an ability to work outside core hours and weekends as required.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.