- Level 1 Immunisation Nurse salary $48.22 per hour including casual loading, plus 9.5% superannuation
- The Phoenix Building, 25 Armstrong Street South, Ballarat
- Closing date for this position is
We are seeking an experienced Immunisation Nurse with excellent interpersonal skills to provide childhood immunisation services within City of Ballarat integrated hub sites and to Ballarat secondary schools. These are Casual roles provided to the community from within the Families and Children’s Business Unit. The role requires clinical competency in childhood schedules, best practice within immunisation programs, catch up vaccination and an awareness of initiatives occurring within the Immunisation program state wide. Familiarity with immunisation program databases would be highly desirable.
Key Selection Criteria
- Registered Nurse, Division One (NMBA) with qualification in immunisation approved for employment in Victoria as an Accredited Nurse Immuniser.
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge and experience working in an evidence-based childhood immunisation service delivery model.
- Demonstrated commitment to service improvement and a quality framework within the context of early years’ services.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including, demonstrated ability to engage and work with a diverse range of stakeholders, including parents, colleagues and local community members.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities in immunisation service delivery
- Demonstrated ability in use of immunisation IT systems (IMPS, AIR) and cold chain management.
- Proven ability in providing a service which is responsive to client needs and aspirations, including an understanding of the impact of vulnerability.
For further information on this position, please contact Bernie Peacock, Manager Community Child Health, Phone 5320 5601.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.