Business Support Officer
- Full time
- Salary range between $65,383 to $74,638 (pro rata for PT) per annum including 9.5% superannuation
- Closing date for this position is
As a result of population growth across Australia, Ballarat is now one of the largest inland regional cities in the country. Ballarat is uniquely located with easy access to Melbourne, Geelong and Bendigo and is the Western Victorian capital for a region of 400,000 people.
Due to the growth, the City are recruiting for a Business Support Officer to join the progressive People & Performance team.
The Business Support Officer position is a key role in coordinating the administrative function for the People and Performance team to ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information across the team and the organisation.
The position will manage the distribution and completion of all People and Performance administration requirements and processes for the department.
The position aims to deliver administration services in a timely manner that meets the organisation’s requirements with a focus on continuous improvement and customer needs.
Full time or part time/job share opportunity available.
Key Selection Criteria
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced office manager / administrative role where the supervision of other employees was required
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high standard
- Extensive administrative skills in order to undertake correspondence, word processing and the maintenance of records
- Previous experience in providing a software system administrator function
- Previous experience in developing, implementing and maintaining office information systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet strict deadlines and attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area
For further information on the above position, contact Andrew Prestage, Workplace Relations Lead – People & Performance on 0418 119 447.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email SimoneJones@ballarat.vic.gov.au and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.