Business Engagement Officer
- Full time
- Salary between $77,976 to $84,233 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 9.5% superannuation
- The Pheonix Building, 25 Armstrong St South, Ballarat
- Closing date for this position is
The Business Engagement Officer position is tasked with providing economic development support and advice to local businesses. The main objectives of the position are to:
- Support the development, facilitation and promotion of Ballarat businesses by harnessing and coordinating key stakeholders in the pursuit of sustainable initiatives and outcomes.
- Collaborate across the Economic Development unit to deliver innovative outstanding business development results.
- Proactively deliver Council’s Economic Program, policies and programs which drive growth in jobs, investment and prosperity in Ballarat, and the wider region.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience in small or medium size business as an owner/operator or as part of a management team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven performance in developing and maintaining co-operative working relationships between industry, government and community groups.
- A proven record of being able to manage time, set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently within established guidelines.
- Experience in preparing submissions and reports for external and internal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain business plans and associated budgetary and financial management requirements.
- Strong customer service skills
- A demonstrated innovative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience in Regional Development, Economics, Business Management or another appropriate discipline.
For further information on this position, Samantha Magill, Manager Economic Development, 0427 706 923
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.