Ways to be kind Ballarat
Be kind to others
What a time to show some neighbourly love. We know some people might be feeling a little alone right now, so if everyone in Ballarat simply knocked on their neighbours door or called over the fence to say hello to their neighbour, it would mean every household maintains some much needed social contact.
How to be kind to others
- Check in on an elderly neighbour
- Find the time to make two calls (not texts!) a day to people you love
- Do a grocery shop for someone who can’t
- Ask the person who’s serving you how their day is going (and repeat point one... smile)
- Drop off a home-cooked meal to someone doing it tough
- Be a good listener
- Treat the kids to a movie night at home
- Cook a special meal together
Be kind to yourself
Why not get out for a walk and enjoy the the fresh air. Listen to music, enjoy a Netflix binge - anything that makes you smile!
- Take a walk in the Ballarat Botanic Gardens
- Listen to music or read a book
- Dance like nobody’s watching
- Consciously un-couple with the news to avoid crisis overload
- Kick back with a Netflix binge – and a tub of ice cream from a local business!
- Start a daily journal as a way to debrief and de-stress
- Do whatever it is that makes you happy!