Her Majesty’s Theatre
Stage 1 restorative works have been completed and Her Majesty's Theatre has reopened to the public.
The historic raked stage has been reconstructed, allowing works above and below the stage to progress at the same time.
These works include:
- rebuilding the new dressing rooms under the stage
- carrying out solid and decorative plaster repairs and painting conservation works in the Auditorium
- rebuilding internal copper guttering and localised roof sheeting replacement above the Long Room
- progressing damp remediation works, with all render removed and the salt removal process almost completed. Deep pointing will then seal out moisture and a new render application will begin
- carrying out service renewal works for fire and emergency lighting.
The theatre will close again for stage two works at a date yet to be determined to undertake the majority of the restorative works – however the City of Ballarat remains short of its targeted budget to breathe new life into Her Majesty’s Ballarat.
Last year we launched our campaign to Save Her Maj.