Parent Place Volunteer
- City of Ballarat
Parent Place exists to support families with young children to thrive, providing timely and relevant information and community connection in a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment. Families can visit Parent Place to feed and change their babies and have a play. Families also visit Parent Place for information on services relevant to young children including playgroup, Maternal and Child Health, childcare, Family Day Care, immunisation and kindergarten including kindergarten registration.
Your role as a volunteer will include:
- Greet visitors to Parent Place upon entry, ensure check-in is completed and complete attendance forms for all visitors to the facility.
- Provide information about activities and services in Parent Place and other City of Ballarat early years services with support from City of Ballarat staff members.
- Ensure that all COVID safe guidelines and practices are adhered to and that you are familiar with the procedures in case of an emergency.
- Clean resources and encourage all visitors, including children to put toys and equipment away.
- Seek the assistance of the Parent Place Facilitator or another City of Ballarat staff member if necessary.
- Actively engage with members of the public attending Parent Place in a positive, helpful and non-judgemental manner
The hours of operation are Monday to Friday 10am - 2pm (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions and operational requirements).
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.
We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace.
We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.