Cr Des Hudson
How do I get in touch?
About Councillor Hudson
Now in his fifth term, Des Hudson is the longest serving Councillor with the post-amalgamation City of Ballarat, first elected to represent the Sebastopol Ward in 2002.
He has since been re-elected in 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 to represent the South Ward where he is a hardworking and popular Councillor who regularly receives an extremely strong primary vote.
Cr Hudson served as Mayor in 2015-2016 and as Deputy Mayor in 2007, 2008 and 2014.
One of Cr Hudson’s enduring areas of focus is community safety and wellbeing, working to implement measures that will enhance the quality of life for all Ballarat residents.
Cr Hudson supports managed growth and development and has a long-term vision for Ballarat which aims to attract investment, build prosperity and ensure there are the jobs and infrastructure to support our growing city.
A long-serving member of Victoria Police, Cr Hudson is involved with a range of community organisations and is the recipient of the National Medal, National Police Service Medal, and Victoria Police Ethical Standards Medal.
Cr Hudson is married with two children.
- Community Impact Special Committee
- Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Road Safety Advisory Committee
- Sebastopol RSL Hall Advisory Committee
- Coghills Creek/Glendaruel Cemetery
- Learmonth Cemetery
- Portfolio: Community Development (Liveability)