Road Maintenance Worker - Sealed Roads
- Full time
- Salary between $55,261 to $59,139 per annum plus applicable allowances and 9.5% superannuation
- Closing date for this position is
- Work life balance working from Councils Operations & Environment Depot
- 40 Hour per week
- 9 day fortnight
- Be supported with ongoing training, development and career advancement
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD is the third largest city in Victoria and one of the fastest growing Councils in regional Australia. The City of Ballarat has all the education, services, retail, entertainment and cultural opportunities you'd find in a capital city but with a unique historic landscape and welcomes many visitors each year.
City of Ballarat’s Operations and Environment division is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our experienced Road Maintenance team, to deliver quality services to the City of Ballarat.
You will have a “can do” attitude and be responsible for undertaking the maintenance of all sealed road and asphalt footpaths infrastructure and will be given the opportunity to undertake training and personal development to enhance your skills and knowledge. You will be an efficient and effective team member and will undertake a wide range of activities whilst providing flexibility to support programmed works within the Road Maintenance Team.
You will be self-motivated, keen to learn and possess the required skills to be part of an operational team.
The City of Ballarat is committed to the principles of workplace diversity and encourages applications from individuals of varying backgrounds.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to work in a team-based environment demonstrating and displaying City of Ballarat values and behaviours
- Practical experience in Civil maintenance works relating to Sealed Road Maintenance including Asphalt work.
- Practical experience in working within a team environment.
- Practical knowledge in use of plant and equipment required of the position,
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
- Current Worksite Traffic Management Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence HR preferred
For further information on this position, contact Luke Ives, Coordinator Road Maintenance on 5320 7452.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email email@example.com and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.