Maternal and Child Health Nurse Enhanced
- Part time
- Level 3 Maternal and Child Health Nurse salary $113,457 pro rata per annum plus 5% enhanced allowance plus 9.5% superannuation
- Closing date for this position is
The MCH Enhanced nurse role sits within the MCH Outreach team within the early year’s services at Council and includes provision of a flexible home-based MCH service that targets vulnerability. The role includes child health assessment, and a focus to collaborative work with other agencies and short-term case planning to increase protective factors around a child at risk. We currently have a MCH nurse vacancy within this growing team which consists of MCH nurses and a social worker; the role includes participation in intake, assessment and case management.
To be successful in this role you will require excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with families, colleagues, welfare and early year’s professionals as an experienced Level 3 MCH nurse. You are required to have current registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse and a registered midwife, and a recognised post graduate Maternal and Child Health qualification suitable for employment in Victoria. You need a current Victorian driver’s licence, working with children and police check.
The days of work are between Monday-Friday to match resourcing requirements to meet the demands of a growing Enhanced MCH service.
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate qualification and current registration as per position description.
- Extensive MCH experience working with high needs clients and vulnerability.
- Demonstrated clinical practice based on respect for the values and rights of clients, self and colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with families, colleagues and other professionals in collaborative work models.
- Demonstrated skills in developmental assessment of children.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own workload of competing tasks and priorities in an outreach context.
- Demonstrated commitment to networking and liaison with key community organisations and Government departments.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide an effective Enhanced MCH service according to Council and State Government guidelines, policies, and accepted nursing practice standards.
- Familiarity with computer word processing and database programs specific to EMCH.
For further information on this position, please contact Bernie Peacock, Manager Community Child Health, 03 5320 5601.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.