Health Club Officer
- Hourly rate $34.34, includes 25% loading plus 9.5% superannuation. Junior rates will apply under the age of 21 years.
- Closing date for this position is
The Ballarat Aquatic Life Style Centre are seeking an energetic Health and Wellbeing Officer who is passionate about the health and fitness industry to join the their team of dedicated staff.
Reporting to the Health and Wellness Team Leader, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated professional who is focused on developing their career within the Health, Fitness and Lifestyle industry.
At the Ballarat Aquatic Centre a positive and customer focused culture is imperative in making the Centre a fantastic place to work and visit by the members of our community.
Flexible hours and days are required for this role over a 7 day roster between the hours 6am - 9pm
Health and Wellbeing Officer’s Role
- Conduct health and wellbeing screening and evaluation of members.
- Design safe and effective exercise programs.
- Conduct program domonstrations and instruct members in correct exercise technique on the gym floor.
- Responding to questions and minor problems that arise day to day on the gym floor and in a one to one environment..
- Maintain the gym area in a clean and tidy fashion throughout each shift.
Key Selection Criteria
- Hold current certificates in, First Aid and CPR.
- Registration with Physical Activity Australia or Fitness Australia.
- Experience working within a similar role in the fitness industry.
- Ability to design and implement safe and effective exercise programs and instructing participants in correct exercise technique.
- Be proactive and motivate to succeed.
- Be committed to on-going personal and professional development to maintain industry knowledge and professional skills at the highest level.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to implement and monitor adherence to health and safety policies and procedures within a team environment.
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
For further information on the above position contact Nicole Smith, Health and Wellness Team Leader, on 5330 4112.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.