Growth Areas Facilitation Officer
- Full time
- Salary range $65,383 to $74,638 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
- Phoenix Building, Ballarat
- Closing date for this position is
- Be part of something challenging and rewarding?
- Balance lifestyle with career in beautiful Ballarat?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the City of Ballarat!
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD is the third largest city in Victoria and one of the fastest growing Councils in regional Australia. The City of Ballarat has all the education, services, retail, entertainment and cultural opportunities you'd find in a capital city but with a unique historic landscape and welcomes many visitors each year.
We are seeking a Growth Areas Facilitation Officer with experience working in a professional finance environment to join us. The growth and development occurring in Ballarat at this time provides an exciting time to join our team to support an organisation that is becoming one of the most progressive local government areas in the State.
Reporting to the Coordinator Growth Areas Facilitation, the primary function of this role is to provide a wide range of accounting duties in the Growth Areas Facilitation Unit. These duties include processing of transactions, reconciliation of accounts, assisting with forecasting and budgeting of Development Contributions Plans/Infrastructure Contributions Plans.
The following Key Selection Criteria outlines the qualities, knowledge and skills we are seeking for this position. If you have the relevant experience, attention to detail, and a passion for your work this position may be for you.
To be considered for this opportunity, address the key selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification of near completion of a tertiary qualification in accounting.
- Experience in a professional financial position working in a team environment is considered highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise a wide range of responsibilities to achieve set objectives within strict timeframes.
- Demonstrated proficiency and attention to detail in developing effective financial reporting for a range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Demonstrated experience of using a wide range of financial systems and databases.
- Demonstrated experience in financial reconciliations, budgeting, forecasting and data analysis.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and advanced interpersonal skills to negotiate and resolve all financial requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations, and respond to challenging and competing work tasks and demands.
For further information on this position, please contact Donna Johnston, Coordinator Growth Areas Facilitation on phone (03) 5320 5500.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.