Customer Service Officer
- Full time
- Salary between $65,383 to 74,638 (pro rata – only for part time positions) per annum plus 9.5%
- Phoenix Building & Town Hall
- Closing date for this position is
The City of Ballarat and surrounding regions are growing and developing rapidly, transforming this local government area into a modern, cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city. This rapid change has been influenced by a steady influx of secondary settlement by migrant and humanitarian background communities, international students and skilled migrants increasingly settling in Ballarat over the last 10 years.
From the 2016 census we know that nearly 1 in 10 Ballarat residents were born overseas, and that more than half of these people spoke a language other than English at home. 1.4% of Ballarat’s population identified as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. There are immigrants in Ballarat from at least 89 different countries with 219 ancestries.
As a result of population growth across Australia, Ballarat is now one of the largest inland regional cities in the country. Ballarat is uniquely located with easy access to Melbourne, Geelong and Bendigo and is the Western Victorian capital for a region of 400,000 people.
As a major step in its drive to maximize the quality of its service delivery, the City of Ballarat established a Customer Service Team in 1996. Customer Service Officers are part of the customer service unit and are responsible for the support and advocacy of customer service across the organization.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in the principles and practice of customer service and call centre environments.
- Demonstrated ability to display empathic listening skills and a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds during civic events and envoys.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to acquire an in-depth knowledge of the City of Ballarat’s services and procedures, and strong competence in the operation of Windows-based programs and other relevant systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
For further information on this position, please contact Alan Whelan, Senior Customer Service Officer, 03 5320 5837.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email email@example.com and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.