Aquatic Education Teacher
- Salary $34.96 per hour, includes 25% casual loading, plus 9.5% superannuation
Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre are seeking dynamic and enthusatic people to provide the highest level of professional skills in aquatic education instruction and customer service. You will be responsible for providng an aquatic education program in line with Council and Centre policies and procedures.
We require instructors to work on a casual basis. Hours will vary and may include weekends, mornings and evenings.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in the teaching of Aquatic Education classes
- Demonstrated knowledge in swimming and water safety
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in particular interactions with children
- An understanding of and commitment to Occupational Health & Safety standards
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area
- First Aid Level 2 and CPR
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant Aquatics and/or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics for People with Disabilities is highly desirable
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
For further information on the above position contact Leanne White, Aquatic Education Team Leader, on 03 5330 4116.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Learn about our employment details.